Create a fascinating bullet journal title page within minutes by using simple tools such as the Paper Mate Flair pen!
February is slowly drifting by and March arrives soon! Time is really flying! With the arrival of a new month, I thought it would be fun to share an idea for a monthly bullet journal title page. I’ve been finding every excuse to use my Paper Mate Flair pens and this just seemed like another reason to use them. I just love how smooth the ink writes and how vibrant the colours are.
Using the Paper Mate Flair pens to create a new monthly title page in my bullet journal, reminded me of how exciting and fun a new month can be! To see how I created this monthly title page, read on.
- Bullet Journal (I use the Leuchtturm bullet journal)
- Paper Mate Flair Pens
- You will want to wipe off any excess ink off the ruler often so you can prevent smudging as much as possible.
- Place a scrap piece of paper underneath your hand to prevent smudging as well.
- It would be neat to use only two colours in the Paper Mate Flair collection. Try alternating colours frequently when creating lines. This would create a neat effect!
Step 1: Divide The Page
Using a ruler and pencil, divide the page into 4 equal squares. I find this makes it easier to divide each colour among the page.
Step 2: Draw Lines
Starting at the center of the page and working outward, draw lines. Use a ruler to get straight lines. I used the Paper Mate Flair pens to create my lines. Since these pens come in a variety of different colours, I picked different shades of purple to use. These pens are also great because when used, the colour is really vibrant on paper.
Switch to a different coloured line ensuring that you use all of the colours you’ve chosen. I like to ensure each colour has equal representation on the page.
Step 3: Letter
Once all of your lines are complete and dry, start sketching out ‘March 2019’ in pencil. Picking a colour from the pens you’ve used, ink your pencil sketch. I used a lighter colour to add a shadow to the right of the each downstroke.
I hope you try this idea for a monthly title page in your bullet journal. Title pages can be such an easy way to add colour and creativity to your bullet journal if you are feeling like your bullet journal is lacking just that.
If you try this project, I would love to see what you come up with. Tag me in your creations! I am interested to see in what colour combinations you choose.
Have you tried using Paper Mate Flair pens? If so, what is your favourite colour?
- I’ve been trying out Impress Manicure Nails and I love it!
- I’m trying my best to re-watch all of the seasons of Jane the Virgin before the new season premiers on March 27th 🙂
- Thank you for all of the love on my Succulent/Cactus Wall Art blog post! If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can read it below.
Other Blog Posts to Read